AI is used in education in various ways, including:
- Personalized learning: AI can create personalized learning experiences for students by adapting to their individual needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Intelligent tutoring systems: AI-powered tutoring systems can provide personalized feedback and support to students based on their progress and performance.
- Grading and assessment: AI can automate grading and assessment tasks, saving teachers time and providing more consistent and objective evaluations.
- Language learning: AI-powered language learning tools can adapt to the user’s learning style and progress, providing personalized feedback and support.
- Predictive analytics: AI can analyze data on student behavior and performance to identify patterns and predict future outcomes, helping teachers intervene early and provide targeted support.
These are just a few examples of how AI is being used in education. AI has the potential to transform education by providing personalized learning experiences, automating administrative tasks, and enabling data-driven decision-making.
However, it is important to ensure that AI is used ethically and responsibly in education, and that it does not perpetuate biases or disadvantage certain groups of students.
Gradescope is an AI tool that allows students to evaluate each other and provide feedback efficiently. Utilizing machine learning and AI, it simplifies the grading process and saves valuable time for educators.
Features of Gradescope include:
- AI-assisted and manual question grouping
- Student-specific time extensions
- AI-assisted grading
- Increased efficiency and fairness
Fetchy is an AI-powered platform designed specifically for educators to streamline tasks such as creating engaging lessons, generating newsletters, and crafting professional emails.
Fetchy’s features include:
- Generating lesson plans
- Viewing history from multiple perspectives
- Finding math or science experiments
3. Nuance’s Dragon Speech Recognition
Nuance’s Dragon Speech Recognition is a tool that helps students and faculty by transcribing up to 160 words per minute and supporting verbal commands for document navigation.
Key features include:
- Accessibility features supporting verbal commands
- Voice-assisted assessment of student work
- 99% accurate dictation of classwork
4. Ivy Chatbot
Ivy Chatbot is an AI toolset designed for universities and colleges to assist with processes such as application forms, enrollment, tuition costs, and deadlines.
Ivy’s main features include:
- Live chat and SMS nudging
- Integration with Facebook, ERP, CRM, and SIS
- Becoming smarter over time through user interaction
Cognii is an AI-based tool relevant for K-12 and higher education institutions, providing a virtual learning assistant using conversational technology.
Features of Cognii include:
- Helping students form open responses
- Providing one-on-one tutoring
- Adaptive personalization for each student.
Knowji is an audio-visual vocabulary app designed for language learners, using various methods to help students learn faster.
Highlights of Knowji include:
- Common Core Alignment
- Multiple learning modes
- Customizable and adaptable
- Images and example sentences
Plaito is an AI-powered platform that acts as a personal coach, prompting and guiding students in writing, debating, and collaborating.
Features of Plaito include:
- Live AI tutoring with picture or screenshot uploads
- Personalized learning with tailored lessons
- Multilingual chat support
- Learning outcome-driven course assignments
- Game-like features and challenges for habit-forming
Queirum offers an AI platform for students to master STEM skills through personalized lessons and step-by-step tutoring assistance.
Key features of Queirum’s AI include:
- Personalized, bite-sized lessons
- Step-by-step tutoring assistance
- Increased student engagement
9. Century Tech
Century Tech is an AI platform that uses cognitive neuroscience and data analytics to create personalized learning plans.
Some of the main features include:
- Real-time adaptability to student needs
- Analytics for continuous improvement
- Personalized learning paths and recommendations
10. Carnegie Learning’s Platforms
Carnegie Learning’s MATHia is an AI-driven adaptive learning tool for personalized math instruction, adjusting in real-time to offer the appropriate content and pacing for each student.